2010-01-09

By The Sea....By the Sea


If you know me...then you gotta know how I love the beach!  The 2 cards above are the same with the exception of placement.  The scallop was a stamp which I embossed with copper embossing powder.   I used SCAL to trace the stamp edges, and cut.  I used the cut as my template and using the same position, using the "Load" button (NOT the "Unload" button), I was able to cut out many shells without having to hand-cut each shell. The word stamp, "by the sea", was also embossed directly on the card with copper powder.  The octogans were cut using SCAL shapes. However, I sometimes use nestabilites shapes, position on card stock, and run through my cuttlebug.  To finish off the card, I stamped some more scallops as background in shades of "soft sky" and "apricot appeal" by Stampin Up, and added a little natural taffeta to give the look of sea grass.  Viola...a cute little card that didn't take very long. 

I have found the most challenging part of making a card is the FIRST card.....that is were the creativity comes into play.  Sometimes something just pops into my head and other times I have to just play play play with my stamping toys till something takes shape and that I'm willing to send to someone with my name on it...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your comment will be posted within the day.